Crater Cove is a Medium to Considerably Hard episode with a mean of 3.67. It is slightly harder than the previous episode. It has eight considerably-hard to hard levels, which is unprecedented, but fortunately, no very hard levels pose a serious threat, though Levels 112 and 120 are on the borderline to Very Hard. This was the hardest episode of World 1 before redetermining of difficulties.
BEFORE EPISODE - The scientists and Tiffi land in a cove apparently created by a crater, at the edge of a forest filled with lollipop trees.
AFTER EPISODE - They are hungry, so they cut a tree (3 Lollipop Hammers prize) and eat some candy which the now-missing Bubblegum Troll brought in case of emergency.
- The notorious blocker, Candy Bomb is introduced in Level 106. It explodes when all its moves are over, causing a Game Over. When destroyed it yields 3000 points and is thus useful to give a lot of points with a color bomb
- Candy Bombs in Licorice Locks are introduced in level ???.
- Candy Bomb dispensers are introduced in Level 106. However, Dispensers with 3 or more items will not be introduced until late in the game.
- Teleporters mid-board are introduced in Level 112. Its mechanics are described in the "Notes" section.
- Bomb Cooler (+5)  - Level 107
- Level 113 is a tutorial on combining color bombs with candy bombs which gives a lot of points. It has jelly but its primary objective is the score, and Jellies are the ones that facilitate the increase of score.
- This episode continues the trend of not having more than four 4-colored levels or one quadrant levels, and the first episode which breaks both these trends will be the episode having Level 700. (7th episode in the trend)
- This episode continues the trend of not having any 4-colored Timed levels. (7th episode in the trend)
- This episode continues the trend of introducing at least one new feature every episode (7th episode in the trend)
- This episode breaks the trend of having Timed levels in every episode after their introduction, as this episode has none. This episode continues the trend of having 2 timed levels.
- This episode breaks the trend of levels not having multiple boards. Level 113 is the third level in the entire game with multiple boards.
- This episode starts the trend that every 98th level after Level 16 is very easy.
|Easiest Level||Hardest Level||Most fun Level|
|106 and 114||112 and 120||110 and 113|
HEXAGON LEVELS - 112, 119, 120
Notes for spawning
- This episode marks the return of moves levels after so many episodes. You need to survive all the moves with candy bombs. All further moves levels have candy bombs.
- This might be the hardest episode in World 1, despite having no Very Hard levels.
- This is the only episode with a moves finale. This also has a moves opener.
- This episode has a String of 5 Jelly levels, contrasting to the previous episode which has no 2 jelly levels in a row.
- This is the only episode with a moves finale.
- Level 120 is considered the hardest Moves Level.
- This episode has Level 114 which fired up a huge debate regarding its difficulty. It was originally rated Considerably Hard owing to presence of a lot of jellies and chocolate. However given that the starting candy bombs in the bottom row were of the same colour, then the bottom chocolate would be gone in the first move, and the other 2 chocolates are easier to remove, so the difficulty was straight changed to Very Easy as it has a whopping 60 moves. Thos left certain people unsatisfied and now it is being debated whether to increase the difficulty to Consderably Easy or Medium. However, suddenly the discussions came to an end as all of a sudden the level was nerfed, with the creator deeming it "too luck based, pretty darn tough level". Now the empty spaces were removed making the level drastically easier despite reduced moves, and the difficulty of the past version was settled down as "Hard" though the debate about the old difficulty did not end here.
- The difficulty of this episode was overestimated by the creator for very long. It had mean of almost 4.5 and slowly as the difficulty was degraded the difficulty reached 3.67 or medium.